Monday, November 11, 2013

So... here's my blog.

Dear Readers,

I've decided that if I am going to be an active member of the digital age, it was about time to get myself a blog. The majority of my posts will be focused around music because it is something that I deeply enjoy discussing and being super opinionated about. So, I apologize in advance if I hurt any one's feelings when bashing their favorite band, but I promise to not do so without valid reasoning.

I guess you should know a little bit about myself for context...

My name is Samantha Sacks, and I grew up in Chicago, IL. I, now, attend the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities and I am in the College of Liberal Arts and the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I am majoring in Journalism, Strategic Communications more specifically, and I am minoring in Spanish Studies. I'm interested in pursuing a career in public relations and hope to find a job in music promotion or other related fields. Meanwhile, I am a new DJ and music reviewer at my college radio station, Radio K (KUOM), and frequent shows in the Twin Cities, many of which I write reviews for on Radio K's website.

Aside from all this, I'm a pretty typical music junkie and concert/festival goer. I guess it keeps me sane to some degree. 

I do have a twitter, which I've recently converted into a music oriented handle. Follow me!: @shmantasax

Also, if you want to read some past blogging I've done for Radio K, check out the links below:






Before I self promote myself into oblivion, I'll end this post right here.

Until next time,
Sam

Look! That's me being all into whoever I was seeing @ Bonnaroo 2013! (I think it was Ariel Pink)



No comments:

Post a Comment